Monday, September 08, 2008

 

American Girl Cabled Knee High Socks. this scan is of the socks in progress, they are finished and I'll have to take a picture of the pair to post up. They did turn out really cute, even with all the mistakes I made in the cables. They are for a doll for heaven's sake, so I managed to let it go :)


Machine Knit sock/bootie from a Knittery punchcard for the short rows


A second pair of baby socks that look like they will better fit an American Girl Doll. I'm going to go down to Bullhead City, I've recently learned that they opened a Michael's "YIPPEE!" Good thing E.J. got a new job because I'm sure foaming at the bit to spend some moolah on some more yarns LOL!!!


These footie socks I knit up for my mom out of Tofutsies. She says she won't wear them, she doesn't wear socks, but I've seen her wear lace socks and I just think that since she ripped out all her carpet and replaced it with Travertine tiles, her feet will be colder and she will be glad of some light, super soft, feels really great agains the skin, coverings to wear inside her pink felted clogs I knit her a couple years ago :)


These are the Tofutsies along side a ball of some hand dyed yarn I picked up off of eBay. It's a wool tencel blend and I must say, I really like the feel of it so far :) I'm going to reknit the heel flap, I just think it's too short and I'm knitting them for my son's lady friend who wear's really large shoes. Maybe I'll knit them on the machine, now that I know how the yarn performs :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?