Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 


Eureka! I found my very first ever pair of socks. I made this on my ISM. It was made from a pattern called Mark's Birky Sock that I got from the Bond Knitting email list group. The website for this pattern is at http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/socks/marksbirkysocks.htm Wow, I had forgotten, the picture on the website is this sock, just not worn yet :) I feel proud now. They were made from Lion Brand Jiffy yarn and are actually more like a house slipper because of the thickness, but I wore them with my stretched out sandles for a long time. After this pair, I started using the Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted weight and although they were still thicker than the nice sock yarns, the socks worked great when worn with snow boots or Birks :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?