Thursday, February 16, 2006

 


The brown pair are my very first hand knit socks cir. 1999. They were made from 100% alpaca and are displayed to hide the holes in them :) I have since learned about sock yarns and the durability factors so I won't use the alpaca by itself again, but they sure are soft and toasty warm. Oh, my husbands favorite thing about the alpaca socks was that when they got wet out in the snow, they still held the heat in and didn't get his toes cold. The varigated yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease in the sport weight. Living in rural California my access to yarn was very limited and I would stock up when I went to town to Wal-Mart (the store I hate to love). Sometimes I would get a chance to stop at Michael's or Joann's on my way home from work in the "big city". Wool-Ease in both sport weight and worsted weight was all I used until I started shopping for yarn on Ebay and discovered Regia and the other sock yarns. Wow, what fun!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?